It was a dark and stormy night...nahh, just kidding! But, plenty of people want to know they're in good hands, so here's a bit about my background experience:
Here's my bio: Geoff Blake is an award-winning veteran software trainer, author, and designer. A professional public speaker since 1997, Geoff has taught desktop publishing, web design and graphics courses for a wide range of clients and organizations, from Fortune 500 companies and colleges, to small and medium-sized businesses; and to individuals just like you. In 2009 he launched his video-based training site, Ten Ton Online, allowing him to reach learners worldwide. With his humorous, non-jargonny approach, Geoff's style of teaching revolves around dissolving learner's anxiety, and presenting otherwise technical subjects in a relaxed, easily understandable way. He regularly contributes to top industry magazines and web sites, and continues sharing his knowledge in his casual, off-beat style through his website, tentononline.com.
Some of my professional achievements:
- Professional public speaker, 15+ years experience.
- Well grounded in graphic design, web development, and visual communications.
- Lead software training classes in corporate environments for over ten years. Clients included Bauer Nike, Oracle, Bombardier Aerospace, The Financial Post, Intel, and many others.
- Professionally I've taught a huge number of topics, including graphics, web design, desktop publishing and off-set printing, e-commerce, documentation and e-publication, and more.
- Very well versed in Adobe's flagship graphics applications, WordPress, WordPress theme development, HTML & CSS, Bootstrap, responsive mobile design, online marketing, and more.
- Published author with Peachpit Press, and with top magazines and websites like Web Designer Magazine and Photoshop Creative.
- Held a professorship at Seneca college, and ran graphics workshops at George Brown college and Humber college in Toronto.
- Created dozens and dozens of video-based online learning courses for both Ten Ton, and for nearly every major vendor in the online learning marketplace, including MacPro Video, Train Simple (now PluralSight), Infinite Skills (now O'Reilly Media), Stone River, Total Training, and others.
- Produced the award-winning Photoshop Extended Essentials training package with Total Training.
- Grew Ten Ton from complete scratch to well over 11,000 users and growing. It's amazing that I can help so many people all over the world!
- Passionate about teaching and helping people launch their creative online projects, online marketing.
Would you like to get in touch? Contact me.